The position involves the preparation, layout, operation and maintenance of printing...
The position involves the preparation, layout, operation and maintenance of printing presses and related equipment.
Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities:
* Setting and maintaining a balance of ink and water, registration of printing, operating ABB ink setting controls, and operating press folders, as well as handling, preparing and loading paper on the press, preparation of pasters, preparing the reel room report, and related duties.
* Ensuring quality control during a press run, including following the directives of the Foreman, Operations Manager or Production Manager, and the cleanup and maintenance of printing units and folders.
* Checking reproduction during a press run to see if it is clear, registered, and that the ink is properly set within a specified density range.
* Responsible for minimizing white waste, printed waste, and press downtime attributed to paster breaks, running breaks, and other mechanical or operational failures.
* Must work together as a team to produce consistent quality of reproduction, to meet dispatch schedules, and to maintain an efficient and cost effective operation.
* Responsible for assisting with training for Trainees and press/mail assistants.
In this position you will acquire knowledge of:
* Loading and operating reels, making pasters and lead sheets
* Putting in angle bar sheets, setting up angle bars, comp units, line up margins, and line up sections
* Plating up press, setting ink, throwing units in and out of contact with drive shaft(s), setting rollers, changing rollers, changing blankets, resetting ink keys, setting up folder (reset trolleys, guide rollers, former boards, nips folding rollers, delivery pan and belts), replacing pins, cutting rubbers, and knife boxes in folder, throwing folder in and out of contact with driveshaft and overload clutch
* Switching from straight to collect mode, changing slitters, adjusting slitters and slitter rings, and general maintenance of printing press, folder and reels.
* Takes on additional duties as assigned from time to time
* Steps in wherever and whenever needed
* Helps in the training of pressroom apprentices/trainees as applicable.
* Requires standing, lifting, bending and physical exertion throughout shift.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at [email protected] Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: PRINT & ENT SVCS - PRINT SERVICES
Job Category: Production Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 24599